Indian Roasted Pepper (serves 4-6)
3 Red bell peppers
2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
1/4 c. Sundried tomatoes, chopped, rehydrated and drained
2/3 c. Cilantro
15 raw, shelled Prawns
2 tsp Toasted cumin seed
1 lg Shallot
1/3 Red Onion
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1″ Ginger, grated
2 tsp Curry
Cardamon wild rice (make in advance)
- 1/2 white rice
- 1/4 wild rice
- 1/4 lentils
- Start by making the rice. Add rice and lentils to rice cooker with water replaced by veggie stock.
- Add 1 tsp curry powder, 1″ grated ginger, 5 cardamon pods. Close it up and start it cooking! Remove cardamon pods once done cooking. Fluff lightly to mix ingredients.
- Roast red peppers. Slice peppers in half lengthwise (remove core/stems/seeds) and broil them on each side so that they are blackened thoroughly and evenly. Once blackened, put into a closed paper bag (to steam) for 5 minutes. Peel off skin.
- Preheat oven to bake at 400 degrees.
- Saute diced tomatoes to partially cook and evaporate the liquids out.
- Saute shallots, onion, and 2/3 of the garlic.
- In separate bowl, mix about 2.5 c. rice mixture with tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and sauteed shallots, onion, garlic. Add cilantro. Toss gently to mix all ingredients.
- Toast cumin seeds, set aside.
- Saute prawns in a touch of butter. Add remaining garlic. Dust with 1 tsp curry powder. Cover. When mostly cooked through, cut each prawn into 3 pieces.
- Set peeled, roasted peppers “cup side up” in pyrex. Fill halfway with rice mixture. Add prawn pieces evenly in peppers. Cover with remaining rice mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with toasted cumin seeds.
- Bake for 5 minutes and serve.