2 C white rice, washed and drained
1 small yellow onion
2/3 C canned corn (or frozen or cut off the cob)
1 regular can stewed tomatoes
1/2 C cilantro, minced
1 T onion powder
1 T garlic powder
1 T chile powder
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1 T olive oil
1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
3 Tbsp water
- Wash and drain rice.
- Toss onion and cilantro in food processor. Blend until minced. Add tomato and blend until chopped up as well.
- Add onion, cilantro, and tomato to the rice.
- Add all other ingredients. Mix well.
- Turn on rice cooker. Halfway through cooking, stir well.
- When finished cooking, stir again (be sure not to smash rice, as it gets squishy when you do this). If rice is too wet, leave lid open for a few minutes to let excess water cook off.
- Stir and serve.
A very easy and delicious way to reuse the rice is by heating it at breakfast and serving an over-easy egg over the top. Delish! Or by making burritos. Or anything else, really. Also, it freezes well for later use or lunch next week.