Greek Dinner – Lamb, tzatziki, beets, quinoa
Greek sounded so delicious! It had to be done. But how do you make tzatziki without the necessary ingredients? By bastardizing it, that’s how. We did lamb meatballs with dill-roasted beets, and quinoa with tzatziki. So good!
1 lb ground lamb
1/4 C minced basil
1/3 C finely minced onion
2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 C minced mint
Solids from one can chilled coconut milk
Ascorbic acid to taste
1 tsp brown rice syrup
2 large golden beets, cut into wedges
1 tsp grapeseed oil
1 Tbsp dill
1 tsp garlic powder
dash ascorbic acid
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, center rack.
- Mix beet ingredients together and coat wedges thoroughly.
- Lay beets on cookie sheet or foil.
- Cook for 15 minutes, leaving room in oven for lamb.
- Mix coconut milk with ascorbic acid, sugar, and mint.
- Chill in fridge.
- Mix all lamb ingredients together in a bowl.
- Knead together well.
- Form into balls (should form into about 6-8).
- Set in pyrex pan and bake alongside beets.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- If possible, give the lamb a minute on the high rack under the broiler just before serving to give it nice color.
- Serve with pre-cooked quinoa.