Sweet Chili Cilantro Lime Chicken
I was astounded at how easy it was to make chicken this time. I used a ceramic baking dish with a glass lid and went to town. The chicken was light, tender, and would have gone with a whole range of flavors. I didn’t measure the ingredients as I made it, so the measurements are estimations. Do what feels right for you.
6 chicken thighs, skin and extra fat removed.
2/3 C lime juice
3 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
1/4 C minced garlic
1 C chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove fat and skin from chicken.
- Pour chili sauce, lime juice, soy sauce / tamari over the top.
- Give each chicken thigh a proper layer of minced garlic on top
- Bake, covered for about 15 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake until the garlic starts browning (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add cilantro over the top, cover, and bake 5-10 more minutes, or until done (cut near the bone, and the meat shouldn’t have any pink rawness to it, and the juices should run clear).