Smoky Winter Squash
A big winter squash like Hubbard Squash can be daunting, but with the right seasonings, can be an entrée all on it’s own. Besides that, squash is economical, good for you, and delicious. Hurrah for fall harvest!
2 Tbsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
Olive oil or grapeseed oil
Enough squash (cut into 2″x2″ pieces) to snugly cover a large pyrex dish
- Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees.
- Cut enough squash to fit pyrex pan.
- Throw squash into a large bowl and coat well with oil.
- Tossing as you go (like you would with popcorn when you season it), sprinkle in all dry ingredients, making sure everything is evenly coated.
- Put squash in pyrex dish with skin-side down. Add 1/4″ of water to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until tender, with a baste of the seasoned water towards the end to ensure it stays moist on the surface.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve.