Biryani Cauliflower and Basmati Rice
This meal is delicious, low fat, low calorie, gluten free, vegetarian, inexpensive, and incredibly fast and easy. How can you go wrong!
1 head cauliflower
Patak’s Biryani Curry Paste
4 Tbsp yogurt (I use fat free)
2 Tbsp water
- Cut leaves off cauliflower.
- Cut cauliflower into about 8-10 wedges, like orange segments.
- Add curry paste, yogurt, and water to a ziplock bag. Squish around to mix thoroughly.
- Add cauliflower to ziplock, seal, shake to coat cauliflower, and lay ziplock flat on the counter.
- Let marinate for a half hour or more at room temperature, flipping now and again to ensure sauce coats the cauliflower. While cauliflower is marinating, prepare rice.
- Bake on a high middle rack at 425 degrees for 6 minutes. Flip.
- Bake additional 6-8 minutes, depending on how cooked you like your vegetables. For additional crisp, for a last touch, move to top rack and broil for a minute or so. Keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Serve hot.
1 C Basmati Rice
2 C Water
4 Cardamom pods
1 C cooked green peas, frozen, thawed.
1 tsp Olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
- Add everything but the peas to a rice cooker.
- Cook the rice.
- As the rice finishes, add thawed peas to the rice and stir in.
- Though they are edible, eating the cardamom pods is not advised, as the flavor is quite overwhelming.