8 C water
1 tsp vegetable boullion
1 tsp mushroom boullion
2 Tbsp Miso paste
4 C Chinese spinach, chopped
1 C Italian flat-leaf parsley
1 pack Enoki mushrooms (root-end trimmed)
3 Tbsp dried, fried Shallots
3 eggs (optional)
1/8 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne
- Heat water and add bouillon and dissolve in miso paste. Add seasonings.
- Wash & chop parsley (fine chop) and Chinese spinach (1″ segments). Add to soup.
- Trim “root end” from mushrooms, and separate into small clusters. Add to soup.
- Add dried, fried shallots.
- (optional) Crack and lightly beat 3 eggs in a bowl. With heat on low simmer, pour eggs in (if you pour them all in one spot, you will get a big lump of eggs – pour in a “C” or “O” shape.). Cook until eggs are solid.
- *Note: If you cook the eggs on too high of a heat (where bubbles are coming up from the bottom of the pot), it will cause the eggs to disintegrate into tiny pieces. This ends up being gross, so just don’t do it, ok?
- Stir and taste. If too salty, add more water. If not salty enough, add more miso or mushroom boullion.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes and serve.