Kale and Herbed Spring Green Salad
1/2 large bunch kale
2 large handfuls spring/herb salad mix
1/2 red onion
1/2 package alfalfa or clover sprouts
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 cup cilantro
1 Roma tomato
- Wash all ingredients.
- Pull ribs off kale, keeping only the leafy bits.
- Tear kale into bite-size pieces.
- Massage with a tablespoon of oil as though you were kneading dough. Do so for about a minute or until kale starts to soften up and become more pliable.
- Slice mushrooms, onion, and tomato in thin, quartered pieces and toss in large serving bowl.
- Add kale, salad mix, sprouts (thin out so that they mix in evenly) minced cilantro.
- Use a cheese grater or microplane to shred carrot into salad.
- Toss all together very well with dressing.
- Slice pear into thin slices and fan across a corner of the salad (if served individually on plates) with a few pieces, or in a few “fans” on the serving bowl.
- Crumble feta over the top.