Pepper and Onion Salad
What better side dish than a crisp, light salad with bold flavors. Peppers and onion can be a bit overwhelming, but by letting them marinate for a while, it softens them up and makes the texture much more palatable.
3 peppers (one each of red, yellow, and orange), cored and seeded
1 small sweet onion (Walla Walla, Vidalia, or Maui), peeled
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley or basil
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 orange, juiced
1/4 C crumbled feta cheese
1/4 C slivered almonds
- Slice peppers and onion into matchstick sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add parsley or basil.
- Add orange juice, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Stir well.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Lightly toast almonds in a dry pan.
- Right before serving, toss in feta.
- Move contents to a serving bowl and sprinkle almonds over the top.