6 large slices of alder-smoked, thick cut bacon
4 packages enoki mushrooms*
4 green onions
Large, rimmed baking pan / cookie sheet
Fresh cracked sea salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
*Where to get Enoki Mushrooms: Seattle folks, you can get them easily at HT Market, Ranch 99, Uwajimaya, or most other Asian Markets. Sometimes they are also carried at stores like QFC, too…
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take mushrooms out of package and cut off the last 1/4 – 1/2 inch at the base where vermiculite may still be present.
- Break packages of mushrooms into 24 mini-bundles of mushrooms. They should be about this big…
- Enoki Mushroom bundle
- Wash green onions, then carefully use paring knife to slice them in half the long way.
- Wrap each mushroom bundle with a piece of green onion of approximate equal length by using a piece of bacon. Use a toothpick to hold ingredients in place. Lay out on pan.
- Crack pepper and a touch of salt over the bundles.
- Roast in oven for 15-18 minutes, or until the bacon is brown and crisp.
- Drain bundles on paper towels (if necessary), remove toothpicks, and serve.
- For an alternative/tweak to this recipe, marinate the mushrooms before roasting.